Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Weeknights can be a little hectic for a family of four! We get so busy with work and the kids that it can be hard to come up with easy and quick meals. I found a few recipes online that I really enjoyed for a quick easy weeknight dinner!
Deconstructed Egg Roll
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 green onions sliced, green and white parts divided
- ½ cup red onion diced.
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts chopped.
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or hot sauce
- 1 14-ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
For the Creamy Chili Sauce
The How To’s
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet and place over medium heat. Add white parts of green onions, diced red onion, and garlic and saute, stirring frequently, until the red onion begins to soften, about 5 min.
2. Add ground pork, grated ginger, water chestnuts, and 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce and cook until pork is browned, broken up, and cooked about 7-10 min.
3. Add coleslaw mix, coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, white pepper, and salt, and stir until well combined. Cook, stirring regularly, about 5 min.
4. In a bowl whisk together 1/4 cup mayo and 1-2 tablespoons hot sauce. Add salt, to taste.
5. Spoon a hearty helping of the pork-cabbage mixture in a serving bowl. Garnish with sauce and green parts of the green onions and black sesame seeds.
This recipe was from https://40aprons.com/whole30-egg-roll-bowl-paleo/
Coconut Cauliflower Stir Fry
- 3 Cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 5 small pattypan squash, quartered
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1/3 cup onions
- 2 tsp of ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbs liquid aminos
- 1 tbs cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tbs cilantro
The How To’s
1. Use the food processor to grate the cauliflower
2. On med high heat, In a large pan stir fry broccoli and squash in sesame oil for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add onions and stir fry 2 minutes. Transfer all veggies to a bowl.
4. In the pan add the ginger and garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
5. Add in coconut milk, aminos, vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
6. Bring that to boil
7. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 5 min.
8. In a new skillet, heat coconut oil, add in the cauliflower rice, remaining salt, remaining pepper, cook and stir frequently for 3-5 min.
9. Return veggies to pan, reheat for 1 min.
10. Mix all ingredients together.
This recipe is from Ketotarian by Dr. Will Cole
Easy Burger Recipe
- Burger patty
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Lettuce to replace bun
The How To’s
- Make your hamburger patty. Sauté some mushrooms, to put on top, and add mayo and mustard, guacamole. Use lettuce for a bun substitute.
get the good news