Hawaii Vacation Travel Guide
A Maui Getaway
Maui has always been a special place to us. We have shared so many great memories together here and we were so happy to be able to go back as a family. Here is a peek into our Maui Vacation-where we stayed, ate, shopped, and explored! Check out my video on all my Maui prep here to see how I got ready for our Hawaii Vacation! Enjoy this full Hawaii Vacation Travel Guide!
- Where to Stay
- What to Wear
- Where to Eat
- What to Do
Where to Stay
The Grand Wailea is a beautiful property. From the stunning pools, to the rooms with a view, the amazing spa, and the restaurants on property- everything screams “Hawaii” in the most elegant way. We loved eating breakfast outside every morning or stopping for coffee at their on-site coffee shop, Cafe Kula. I’ve linked vlogs from our stay here.
What to Wear
Vacation style is always so fun-and on a Hawaiian vacation it doesn’t get much better. From the bright colors to cute cover-ups and bathing suits it’s always so exciting to dress while on vacation. Breezy dresses are always cool for warm days and nights and easy pieces like jean shorts (my favorites are the Jaden Short) work great for over this green bathing suit or this yellow one! One of my favorite looks to style was this hot pink top and shorts. It was perfect for daily wear and can be styled so many different ways. Makeup is also a fun way to mix things up while on vacay. I did a youtube video on getting glam after a day on the beach here. Fun lip colors and a sleek bun are perfect for instantly looking glam- especially with that nice vacation tan!
Where to Eat
Maui is filled with so many great restaurants with tons of fresh seafood! There are a few restaurants that are our favorites here:
The Mill House Maui – The setting of this restaurant is at the base of the mountains, with views so stunning you think it popped out of a screen saver. The perfect time to go is before sunset so you can see the beautiful property, set on the Maui Tropical Plantation. Make a reservation for the patio and you will not be disappointed. The food is amazing too- you simply cannot go wrong here. I wore this slip dress perfect for the evening heat- and so effortlessly glam.
Duo Steak and Seafood– This restaurant was at the neighboring Four Seasons Resort, and was equal parts elegant and delicious. It was so nice to get dressed up and go out to eat here!
Some more amazing restaurants around the island are:
- Mama’s Fish House
- Merriman’s Kapalua
- Sansei Sushi
- Fleetwood’s on Front Street
- Kimo’s Front Street
- Choice Acai Bowls
- Lahaina Grill
- Monkeypod Kitchen
- Nick’s Fish Market
- Belle Surf Cafe
- The Paia Fish Market
- Paia Inn Cafe
- Acai Bowls at Paia Bowls
- Sip Me Coffee
Where to Explore
Maui has so much to explore on your Hawaiian vacation. There are so many hidden gems that you can find new spots every time you visit. We suggest renting a car so you can explore all the parts of the island (Wailea, Lahaina, Kapalua, Paia, Hana). We loved walking into Lahaina Town and grabbing gelato at Ono Gelato while exploring the cute downtown!
Hawaii Vacation Travel Guide-Things to Do:
1. Paia Beaches- Ho’okepa beach (you can see sea turtles)
2. Paia shopping – Sunday’s Hawaii, Nuage Bleu, wings Hawaii are all so cute and some of my favorite stores!
3. Iao valley- very quick scenic view point
4. Kapalua coastal trail walk
5. Snorkel or swim in Napili bay
6. Ironwoods beach – by The Ritz Carlton Kapalua
7. Honolua Bay – A beautiful view from above and good snorkeling too
8. Lahaina town shopping
9. Walking on front street Lahaina Town
10. Shave ice at Ululanis
11. Baby Beach – a calm and very family friendly beach
12. Ka’anapali Beach
13. Big Beach in Kihei
14. Sunset Sail or Snorkel (Trilogy is a great company)
15. Helicopter Ride through the mountains
15. Road to Hana – (must be ok on long winding roads in the car) but it is so stunning
16. Upcountry Maui – Explore thee Lavender farm, Ocean Vodka Distillery, Surfing Goat Dairy and more (upcountry is very beautiful and different and gives great views of the island)
17. Explore Twin falls (a waterfall that is the very first stop on the road to Hana).
get the good news